the advantages of whole house water filters also include:
- Reduced initial costs compared to having several point-of-use water filters installed (e.g. an under-sink water filter in the kitchen, a shower filter in the bathroom, a fridge filter for the fridge, etc.);
- Convenience – when you have a whole house water filter, maintenance gets easier than overseeing several point-of-use filter systems in your house. You need to remember to replace the filter cartridges in a single water filter system;
- Lower maintenance costs – replacing filters in a single multi-stage filter system usually costs less than maintaining several systems;
- Multi-stage filtration – usually, whole house water filters are multi-stage systems that provide a complex filtration though the various water filter cartridges and filter media that they consist of. Thus, a single filter system can target a host of water contaminants ranging from chemical disinfectants to heavy metals.
- Higher output – whole house water filtration systems usually have a higher filtered water output than under-sink or countertop water filter systems.