- Brand: OEM
- Product Type: Seamless Tube
- Material: Copper
- Shape: Round
- Length: 15m
- OD Tube Size: 1/2 "
- Standard: ASTM B88
- Standard Wire Gauge: 18 SWG
- Thickness Wall: 1.2mm
Application: Domestic water service and distribution - Fire protection - Solar - Fuel/fuel oil - Natural gas - Liquified petroleum (LP) gas - HVAC - Snow melting - Compressed air - Vacuum
Advantages of Copper Tube
Strong, long lasting, copper tube is the leading choice of modern contractors for plumbing, heating and cooling installations in all kinds of residential and commercial buildings. The primary reasons for this are:
- Copper is economical. The combination of easy handling, forming and joining permits savings in installation time, material and overall costs. Long-term performance and reliability mean fewer callbacks, and that makes copper the ideal, cost-effective tubing material.
- Copper is lightweight. Copper tube does not require the heavy thickness of ferrous or threaded pipe of the same internal diameter. This means copper costs less to transport, handles more easily and, when installed, takes less space.
- Copper is form-able. Because copper tube can be bent and formed, it is frequently possible to eliminate elbows and joints. Smooth bends permit the tube to follow contours and corners of almost any angle. With soft temper tube, particularly when used for renovation or modernization projects, much less wall and ceiling space is needed.
- Copper is easy to join. Copper tube can be joined with capillary fittings. These fittings save material and make smooth, neat, strong and leak-proof joints. No extra thickness or weight is necessary to compensate for material removed by threading.
- Copper is safe. Copper tube will not burn or support combustion or decompose to toxic gases. Therefore, it will not carry fire through floors, walls and ceilings. Volatile organic compounds are not required for installation.
- Copper is dependable. Copper tube is manufactured to well-defined composition standards and marked with permanent identification so you know exactly what it is and who made it. It is accepted by virtually every plumbing code.
- Copper is long-lasting. It has excellent resistance to corrosion and scaling, high mechanical strength, high-temperature resistance and lifetime resistance to UV degradation. Copper assures long, trouble-free service, which translates to satisfied customers and systems that last.
- Copper is 100% recyclable. Copper stands alone as an engineering material that can be recycled over and over without degradation in content or properties. This combined with copper's proven durability means that no copper used in a building today needs to enter a landfill.