|Model:||ORING JIS B2401 P305 ID 304.50 x CS 8.40 Nitrile (NBR) 70 Shore|
|Model||ID (mm)||CS (mm)||OD (mm)||Material||Durometer||Type|
|B2401 P305||304.5||8.4||321.3||Nitrile (NBR)||70||B2401|
ORING JIS B2401 P305
ID 304.50 x CS 8.40
Material : Nitrile (NBR) 70 Shore
Nitrile is often referred to Buna (Buna-N) and NBR.
Nitrile elastomer being affordable is a common material widely used in the industry where sealing take place using O-Ring. It is popular in the industry due to it ability to withstand a wide range of temperature ranging from (-30`C to 100`C).
It has excellent resistance to petroleum application, it is rated good in the Gas impermeability. In addition Nitrile material are one of the best in its compression and abrasion resistance. The only down side of Nitrile have a poor ozone and weather resistance and only moderate resistance to high temperature.
However Nitrile are not a restricting factors in many applications.
Low : -22`F / -30`C High: 212`F / 100`C
Overview on Application Rating for Material Nitrile (NBR)
Properties ( Rating )
Oils & Grease - Good
Tear Strength - Good
Fuel Resistance - Poor
Gas impermeability - Good
Compression - Excellent
Abrasion Resistance - Good
Other than the size and material type, there is one final option that you need to take in consideration. And that is the Durometer. Durometer are being classify as an industry standard to measure the elastomer hardness. Durometer is measured and listed in accordance with Shore A scale. Typical standard hardness for the elastomer are 70 shore, 75 shore and 90 shore to choose from depending on the material that you are using. The higher the value of the shore indicates that the material you are using is harder.Durometer is also generally stated and accepted with a “+/- 5” tolerance.
O-Rings, rubber seals and custom molded rubber components for:
· Standard Oil resistant applications
· Custom Low temperature applications
· Specialized Fuel systems, automotive, marine, and aircraft
· General Industrial Use
Important Tips When Installing an O-Ring
Proper installation of an O-Ring will provide the perfect fit and sealing. The manner of installation is crucial to the functioning of the application. It also increases the longevity of the application.
Installing an O-Ring
When installing an O-ring into a male gland, the O-ring has to be glided along the shaft. Once it reaches the gland, it snaps in place. Although this process sounds extremely simple, some steps have to be taken to ensure that it does not tear or get damaged.
Tips for Better Installation of O-Rings
The following steps should help in installing an O-ring correctly and saving time as well:
1. The shaft consists of threading, which could tear the rubber seal. Covering and lubricating the threads will provide ease of passage. You can cover the threads using some masking tape.
2. You must avoid forcing the O-ring over sharp corners as well. Jagged or sharp features could tear the O-ring. These tears might sometimes not be noticeable. Thus, it is important to avoid it altogether.
3. When stretching the O-ring around the shaft, stretch it evenly. Do not pull from one side. Make sure that you stretch the O-ring as little as possible. This will provide a tighter grip and added security.
4. When installing an O-ring, do not roll it down the shaft. Instead, slide it down. A rolled or spiral wound O-ring cannot be properly installed, and will not function optimally and can result in damage. You can apply some lubricant to the O-ring as well to keep it from rolling.
5. When installing the rest of the assembly, it is important to place the female component in a way so that it has a radius around the corner. The lead of this component should be inside the chamfer. This process guarantees the safety of the O-ring.
Since O-rings are used to provide secure sealing when two parts are assembled, it is important that they perform optimally. For this purpose, proper installation is necessary. The installation process when performed correctly is capable of increasing the service life of the component as well as the application.
|1 ~ 9||-|