BELZONA 5831 ST-BARRIER 4LTR
A 2-part epoxy coating which once cured forms a barrier coating for the protection of equipment operating under immersed conditions or in contact with aqueous solutions. This solvent-free epoxy coating bonds strongly to steel and other metallic and non-metallic surfaces such as concrete or brick.
Belzona 5831 (ST-Barrier) is specifically formulated for application to wet and oil contaminated surfaces that cannot be dry for application, as well as for underwater applications. The coating displaces water from the surface ensuring maximum adhesion to damp or wet surfaces, even underwater.
- Simple mixing ratio
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Cures underwater
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Excellent bonding to wet surfaces
- Tolerant to oil contamination
- No shrinkage, expansion or distortion
- Prevents galvanic corrosion
- Excellent bonding to many metal surfaces including steel, stainless steel and other specialist steels as well as to non-metallic surfaces such as concrete and brick
- Prevention of corrosion and deterioration of metalic substrates in splash zones, pipework, tanks, bunds and clarifiers
- Protecting submersible pumps, valves and transformers from the effects of galvanic corrosion
- Long-term repair and coating of oil and water leaks
- Sealing of joints and flanges